laetitia
Impératrice

Jess michaels  Répondre en citant  

"Fallen Angel" in
Parlor Games
June 2006
ISBN-10: 0060882298
ISBN-13: 978-0060882297

Arabella Nichols has reversed her bad luck and misfortune by creating a notorious and successful underground erotic ‘club’. But someone wants her dead. So she hires disgraced former Bow Street Runner John Valentine to protect her. But pretending to be lovers isn’t going to be enough for either of them. Can they overcome painful pasts, secrets long held and a person bent on murder to find true love?

Excerpt

She straightened her spine and stared at him with no trace of embarrassment. “This is my private collection,” she explained, snatching the drawing and replacing it in her drawer before she slammed it shut and turned to him with folded arms.

“Your private collection, your private past, your private demons.” Valentine ran a hand through his hair as he just barely resisted the urge to pull her against him. “Those things could get you killed. Keeping me in the dark defeats the purpose of hiring me.”

The stubborn chit’s jaw set in a harsh line he knew was as unbreakable as her will. It was something he normally admired, but at the moment, he hated it.

“Whether that is true or not, my hiring you gives you no right to invade my private things, to delve into matters better left buried.”

“And does taking you to bed give me any right?” he asked, moving in on her. She started at his sudden advance, but didn’t back down. Her chin lifted, but he saw desire mixed with the anger in her eyes. “Does making you scream in pleasure, surrender like you never have with any other man give me the right?”

She stiffened and a swell of pride rushed through him. So his words were true. Despite her jaded past, the passion they shared was as unique for Arabella as it was for him.

He tamped back the dangerous joy that accompanied that realization. He knew nothing about her. She shared nothing. Only an illusion.

“No,” she said softly. “Even if that is true, and I admit nothing of the kind, it gives you no right. You are in my employ and I’ll tell you what you can and cannot pursue when it comes to this case. No man controls my comings and goings. No man controls my secrets, past or future. Not even you.”

His nostrils flared at her condescending dismissal, but he didn’t allow emotion to show on his face. “I’m afraid not, Miss Nichols,” he sneered. “That isn’t how I work.”

He motioned to the drawer she had closed. “I hope your ‘private collection’ keeps you entertained. Because I won’t be around to pleasure you for a few days.”

She stepped forward with widening eyes. “What? Why?”

With a shrug, he said, “You offer me no choice. If you won’t share the truth, I’ll seek it elsewhere. While I’m gone, be sure you stay here where you have some level of safety. Keep your door locked and don’t go out alone.”

He turned, but before he left, he came back. Crowding Arabella against the dresser behind her, he gathered her into his arms. Her breasts flattened against his chest, her thighs molded to his. He ached to fill her, take her, but after her denial tonight, he knew he could never possess more than her willing body. It wasn’t a bargain he could make, though it tempted him.

“Arabella, while I’m gone, consider why you hired me. Somewhere out there, perhaps closer than you realize, someone hunts you. They want you dead. I can protect you, but only if you let me past this barrier you have built.”

Everything Forbidden
November 2007
ISBN-10: 0061283940
ISBN-13: 978-0061283949

Country miss Miranda Albright has secretly watched her wicked neighbor, Ethan Hamon, the Earl of Rothschild, as he 'entertained' lovers on the grounds of his country estate for three summers. But after her father dies and the family falls into financial peril, Miranda is driven to strike a bargain with the Earl. He will play financial and social host for a Season for each of her three younger sisters... in exchange for three months of sin with her.

Miranda has always ached for the passion she’s spied upon, but she knows Ethan is the kind of man who could steal her heart, as well as claim her body. And falling in love with a man who admits she is nothing but a game to him could be the most dangerous and forbidden seduction of all.

Excerpt

“I realize I was not expected.” Miranda jammed her shaking hands together behind her back in the hopes she could somehow erase her nervousness.

“Nor invited,” he interjected with a wide grin that seemed to flow over his entire handsome face. “But I did not say it was an unpleasant surprise. I do admit, I’m quite curious as to the reason for your call. Would you care to enlighten me?”

She shifted nervously, staring at the open door. Why hadn’t he come inside?

“Er, it is a delicate matter I wish to discuss,” she stammered. “I would rather the servants did not hear.”

Rothschild tilted his head and looked at her closely. There was something about the way he was examining her. Like he wasn’t sure if he should eat her or indulge her. She wasn’t sure which option she preferred.

“My servants have no ears, my dear,” he finally said and remained in the doorway.

She frowned. “All servants have ears, my lord, even when they pretend they do not. You know that as well as I do.”

“I had forgotten that you are a sharp little minx, too.”

He smiled again, wolfish, but it was as if the comment were more for himself than her. She folded her arms across her chest as a barrier.

“Will you not close the door?” she asked, tilting her chin with pride.

His grin became less genuine. “No, my dear, I will not. I won’t have your Mama saying I ruined you and demanding I take your hand in marriage. I won’t be trapped, if that is what you came here for.”

She moved forward without thinking. “How dare you! Of course I didn’t come here to trap you! And my mother has nothing to do with this!” She stopped. “Well, she does, but only indirectly. She certainly did not send me here as part of some scheme.”

He leaned back to examine her. “Sharp, saucy and beautiful, too. It is a pity.” He seemed to ponder her statement for a moment, then shrugged as he stepped into the room and shut the door behind him. “Very well. But recognize that if you are lying, I won’t marry you to salvage any blemish to your reputation. If you create a situation for yourself, you will live with the consequences.”

If Miranda hadn’t been so nervous, she might have laughed. Dear God, the man had no idea what she was about to propose. Well, he was too smug and self-assured for his own good anyway. It might be entertaining to see him completely shocked.

Terrifying. But entertaining...

Want More?
Order it ... Laughing

Message 30/10/2007 11:22:53

Publicité

Publicité    

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Message 30/10/2007 11:22:53

laetitia
Impératrice

Jess Michaels writes romance unde the name of Jenna Petersen but she writes steamy erotic historical romances under the name Jess Michaels for Avon's Red line!

FAQ about Jess Michaels:

Why two names?
Not everyone likes super hot romances with highly explicit sex scenes. If you don't, you can easily avoid my Jess Michaels work.

What is erotic romance? And is it different from erotica?
For me, erotic romance is a highly explicit story, with blunt sexual terms. Often, my erotic romances center around a sexual conflict. But at their core, they are ROMANCES, with a happily ever after ending awaiting my characters.

Erotica also centers around sexual situations, and can be graphic and controversial. However, a happy ending is not required.

If you like hot romance, you'll probably love erotic romance. But you might not like erotica if you're looking for a happy ending.

Didn't you have more books as Jess Michaels before?
I did, indeed. My SIN Series (Wager of Sin, The Sweetest Sin, Sin's Mistress) is now out of print. But we are pursuing publication of the stories in other avenues. Look for more information about the sale of rights for those books here.

In addition, my novella "Undeniable" is also now out of print.

How come there's no Jess Michaels separate site anymore?
In 2006, I was lucky enough to enter into contracts for new books from both Jenna Petersen and Jess Michaels with Avon/HarperCollins. This means lots of upcoming deadlines in 2007-2008. Updating two author sites, plus my Passionate Pen site was just too time consuming. I wanted to focus more of my attention on writing new books.

But you'll still get to see all the news about Jess Michaels releases, details about the books and all my appearances here on the Jenna Petersen site! And if you've bookmarked the JessMichaels.com site, never fear! It will always auto-forward you right to this spot.

Source : http://www.jennapetersen.com/jess.htm
Message 30/10/2007 11:26:07

Favorite de Platine

merci miss! C'est pour se réchauffer lors des froides soirées d'hiver??
Message 30/10/2007 11:33:09

laetitia
Impératrice

oui pour se réchauffer .... je n'ai lu niacheter aucun des deux mais sur les forums US ça al'air de cartonner ...
Message 30/10/2007 11:43:23

Favorite de Platine

en tout cas de belles couv! et le site hihan les a??
Message 30/10/2007 11:44:36

laetitia
Impératrice

aucune idée encore Wink
Message 30/10/2007 11:45:42

Favorite de Platine

Tu me diras ??
Message 30/10/2007 11:46:57

laetitia
Impératrice

oui bien sur Smile
Message 30/10/2007 11:47:50

Favorite de Platine

Bisous
Message 30/10/2007 11:49:38

marnie
Impératrice

j'ai lu les spoilers... ben c'est titillant !!!!

et les couvertures, vraiment sophistiquées "sexy classe" !

Ne te venge pas ! Assieds-toi au bord de la rivière et tu verras passer le cadavre de ton ennemi. Lao Tseu
Message 30/10/2007 11:50:20
  Visiter le site web du posteur
callixta
Courtisane d"Emeraude

Je dois avoir parlor games en e-book. Si ca intéresse quelqu'un!
C'est chaud bouillant si je me souviens bien!
Message 30/10/2007 12:48:07

laetitia
Impératrice

oui oui moi moi moi m'dame
Message 30/10/2007 13:38:57

callixta
Courtisane d"Emeraude

Si je ne me suis pas trompée d'adresse, tu devrais l'avoir! Wink
Message 30/10/2007 15:44:07

laetitia
Impératrice

je l'ai reçu Smile Merci Callixta Smile Wink Coeur Bises
Message 30/10/2007 16:28:07

callixta
Courtisane d"Emeraude

Parfait!
c'est une anthologie qui m'avait bien plu!
Message 30/10/2007 16:45:12

Contenu Sponsorisé

Jess michaels    

Message 26/09/2017 22:34:28